Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Columbus Guards
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 106-16.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 27.777′ N, 84° 59.543′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on 9th Street 0 miles west of First Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus GA 31901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this The Joseph House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Residences (about 500 feet away); Lummus Cotton Gins (about 500 feet away); Garrett and Sons / Cargill-Wright Company (about 500 feet away); Columbus’ First Theater (about 500 feet away); Columbus Symphony Orchestra (about 600 feet away); Fit for Man and Beast (about 700 feet away); Ladies Defender (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • War, Mexican-American • War, Spanish-American • War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for The Columbus Guards.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 7, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 29, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,223 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 29, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.