The National Mall in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The National Grange of
the Patrons of Husbandry
was organized on December 4, 1867
in the office of the
the Propagating Gardens
Department of Agriculture
The founders of the Grange were: Oliver H. Kelley, John Trimble, Francis McDowell
William Saunders, John H. Thomson, William M. Ireland, Aaron B. Grosh
- assisted by Caroline A. Hall.
This tablet erected by the National Grange, 1951.
Erected 1951 by The National Grange.
Location. 38° 53.425′ N, 77° 1.07′ W. Marker is in The National Mall, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is at the intersection of 4th Street, NW and Madison Drive, NW, on the right when traveling south on 4th Street, NW. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington DC 20004, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Restoration of the Land (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Marshall (about 700 feet away); Chief Justice John Marshall (about 700 feet away); Major General George G. Meade Memorial (about 700 feet away); Embassy of Canada, Washington, DC Witchhazel • Suhwe?t (suh-whet) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Andrew W. Mellon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cardinal Direction Marker: North (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The National Mall.
More about this marker.
The only "private" monument on the National Mall.
Also see . . . The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry. (Submitted on September 22, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. farming; Farmers' Alliance; agri-business
Categories. • Agriculture • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Notable Events • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 22, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 710 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 22, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.