Essex in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Shipyard of 1668
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony - Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 37.944′ N, 70° 46.771′ W. Marker is in Essex, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Main Street (Massachusetts Route 133), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is almost directly in front of the Essex Shipbuilding Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 64 Main Street, Essex MA 01929, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Shipbuilders Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Knowlton Moore Memorial Playground (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Herbert Goodhue War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Essex Massachusetts Soldiers' Monument (approx. Free School (approx. 0.4 miles away); John Wise House (approx. one mile away); Masconomet Sagamore of the Agawams (approx. 2 miles away); Ipswich Massachusetts War Memorial (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Essex.
Also see . . . Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on September 29, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Additional keywords. Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission
Categories. • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 600 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 24, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.