Northfield in Franklin County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
King Philip's Hill
1630 - 1930
— Sachem of the Wampanoag —
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 41.033′ N, 72° 28.585′ W. Marker is in Northfield, Massachusetts, in Franklin County. Marker is on Old Bernardston Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Northfield MA 01360, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Settlement (approx. one mile away); Indian Council Fires (approx. 1.7 miles away); Captain Richard Beers (approx. 1.9 miles away); Lieut. Ebenezer Sheldon's Fort (approx. 2 miles away); Nathanial Dickinson House (was approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Deacon Ebenezer Sheldon's Fort (approx. 2.7 miles away); Burke Fort (was approx. 3.8 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Bernardston Veterans Monument (approx. 4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northfield.
Also see . . . Historical markers erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on November 17, 2009, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Additional keywords. Western Massachusetts Massachusetts Bay Colony Massasoit Pioneer Valley Connecticut River Valley
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
More. Search the internet for King Philip's Hill.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2009, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 2,257 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on November 13, 2009, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.