Northfield in Franklin County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Captain Richard Beers
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 39.497′ N, 72° 27.683′ W. Marker is in Northfield, Massachusetts, in Franklin County. Marker is on Miller Falls Road (Massachusetts Route 63) just from S. Mountain Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Northfield MA 01360, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Council Fires (approx. ¼ mile away); King Philip's Hill (approx. 1.9 miles away); First Settlement (approx. 2.1 miles away); Lieut. Ebenezer Sheldon's Fort (approx. 2.8 miles away); Nathanial Dickinson House (was approx. 4 miles away but has been reported missing. Deacon Ebenezer Sheldon's Fort (approx. 4.3 miles away); The View from the French King Bridge (approx. 4.6 miles away); Bernardston Veterans Monument (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northfield.
Also see . . . Tercentenary Commission. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 21, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • War, French and Indian •
More. Search the internet for Captain Richard Beers.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 20, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,206 times since then and 54 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 20, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 3. submitted on May 31, 2014. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.