Natick in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 16.38′ N, 71° 18.963′ W. Marker is in Natick, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Eliot Street (Massachusetts Route 16) and Union Street, on the left when traveling north on Eliot Street. Touch for map. South Natick Common. Marker is in this post office area: Natick MA 01760, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sherborn (approx. 2.9 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 5.7 miles away); Peak House (approx. 5.8 miles away); Knox Trail (approx. 6.1 miles away); Site of Eames Massacre Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 6.4 miles away); a different marker also named Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 6.6 miles away); Civil War Soldiers Monument (approx. 6.8 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. The Eliot Church of South Natick. The church website provides an abbreviated history of this colonial landmark from 1751 to the present day. (Submitted on July 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on July 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 499 times since then. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 3. submitted on October 24, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.