Quincy in Norfolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 17.254′ N, 71° 1.377′ W. Marker is in Quincy, Massachusetts, in Norfolk County. Marker is on Quincy Shore Drive 0.1 miles east of Squantum Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Quincy MA 02171, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Hutchinson's Grant (approx. 1½ miles away); Sailors Home Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Old House (approx. 2.3 miles away); John Adams (approx. 2½ miles away); Indian Trail (approx. 2.6 miles away); Abigail Adams (approx. 2.7 miles away); United First Parish Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Men of Quincy, Mass. (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quincy.
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Quincy Historical Society. Founded in 1893 by local citizens led by Charles Francis Adams, Jr., Quincy Historical Society is dedicated to preserving and promoting knowledge about the full range of Quincy history. It remains a community-based organization even as it deals with topics of national and international, as well as local, interest. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 450 times since then and 11 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on September 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.