Anaheim in Orange County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Mother Colony House
Erected 1950 by California Centennials Commission in cooperation with Grace Parlor No. 242, N.D.G.W., Mother Colony Parlor No. 281, N.S.G.W. (Marker Number 201.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 33° 50.172′ N, 117° 55.692′ W. Marker is in Anaheim, California, in Orange County. Marker is on North West Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The Colony House and marker are located at Founders Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 414 North West Street, Anaheim CA 92801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Mother Colony House (a few steps from this marker); Site of San Pedro Gate Helena Modjeska (approx. 0.6 miles away); Loara School Bell (approx. 0.7 miles away); North Gate of City of Anaheim (approx. 0.8 miles away); Old Anaheim Library (approx. 0.9 miles away); St. Michael's Episcopal Church (approx. one mile away); Anaheim Cemetery (was approx. 1.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anaheim.
More about this marker. This site has been designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No. 201.
Categories. • Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 736 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. 3. submitted on December 7, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.