Schenectady in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
F & AM Formed June 1774 Here
Washington Was Entertained
By Civil and Military
Authorities June 30, 1782
Erected by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 48.909′ N, 73° 56.93′ W. Marker is in Schenectady, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of State Street (New York State Route 5) and Washington Ave., on the right when traveling east on State Street. Touch for map. The marker is in Schenectady's Liberty Park, across State Street from the former YMCA. Liberty Park, a memorial park, is small triangular area of 0.20 (two tenths of an acre) bounded on one side by State Street to the North, Washington Ave. on the west side, and Water Street on the south side. . Marker is in this post office area: Schenectady NY 12305, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schenectady (was a few steps from this marker but has been reported missing. ); M-7 Day (a few steps from this marker); Southwest Corner of Stockade (a few steps from this marker); Hotel Van Curler (within shouting distance John Glen House 1740 (was about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line but has been reported missing. ); Robert Sanders House 1750 (about 400 feet away); First Mill (about 500 feet away); Arendt Van Curler (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Schenectady.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. The Free Masonry Marker is nearby, also in Liberty Park
Also see . . . A Historical Sketch of St Georges Lodge No. 6 F.&A.M. (Submitted on December 31, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Free and Accepted Masons Free & Accepted Masons Freemasonry George Washington was here Schenectady Gateway Plaza Gateway Plaza
Categories. • Colonial Era • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Patriots & Patriotism •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 31, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 628 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 31, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.