Anaheim in Orange County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Mother Colony House
The building was a gift from Mr. E.E. Beazley and the lot on which it now stands was donated by Marie Horstmann Dwyer in memory of her parents who were pioneers and purchased the land October 1st, 1860.
That the pioneers of Anaheim and what they did for us shall not be fogotten this house is prserved by the Mother Colony Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 33° 50.175′ N, 117° 55.686′ W. Marker is in Anaheim, California, in Orange County. Marker is on North West Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The Colony House and marker are located at Founders Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 414 North West Street, Anaheim CA 92801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Mother Colony House (a few steps from this marker); Site of San Pedro Gate (approx. ¼ mile Helena Modjeska (approx. 0.6 miles away); Loara School Bell (approx. ¾ mile away); North Gate of City of Anaheim (approx. 0.8 miles away); Old Anaheim Library (approx. 0.9 miles away); St. Michael's Episcopal Church (approx. one mile away); Anaheim Cemetery (was approx. 1.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anaheim.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 25, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 655 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 25, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.