Anaheim in Orange County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Depicted is Polish actress Madame Helena Modjeska, who established an artist's colony in Anaheim in 1876. On the reverse side are four vineyard workers representing the agricultural nature of the original Anaheim colony.
Erected 2002 by Grand Parlor Native Sons of the Golden West, Robert M. Rogers, Grand President.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 33° 50.343′ N, 117° 55.055′ W. Marker is in Anaheim, California, in Orange County. Marker is on West Sycamore Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located at the northwest corner of Pearson Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 246 West Sycamore Street, Anaheim CA 92805, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. North Gate of City of Anaheim (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Anaheim Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mother Colony House (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Mother Colony House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site of San Pedro Gate (approx. ¾ mile away); St. Michael's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Anaheim Cemetery (was approx. 1.1 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Loara School Bell (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anaheim.
Categories. • Agriculture • Arts, Letters, Music • Charity & Public Work • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 25, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 751 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 25, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.