Fort Wayne in Allen County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1761 - 1841
1761 - 1841
Made Chief of the
Miamis for his
Daring rescue of a
White prisoner from
Burning at the
Erected 1942 by The Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 4.524′ N, 85° 8.306′ W. Marker is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in Allen County. Marker is on South Calhoun Street north of East Lewis Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the grounds of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, in front of the MacDougal Memorial Chapel, affixed to the front of a large stone. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Wayne IN 46802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cathedral of Immaculate Conception (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Police Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); Journal Gazette Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mother George (approx. 0.4 miles away); Major General Anthony Wayne The Site of General Wayne's Fort (approx. 0.4 miles away); John B. Franke (approx. half a mile away); The Last Two American Forts/The Siege of 1812 (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Wayne.
Also see . . .
1. Jean Baptiste Richardville. This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on February 24, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. The History Center. This is a link to information on Jean Baptiste Richardville provided by the History Center. (Submitted on February 24, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 23, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 640 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 24, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.