Near St. Helena in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1988 by Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 30.277′ N, 122° 21.21′ W. Marker is near St. Helena, California, in Napa County. Marker is on Chiles-Pope Valley Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located 1.1 miles from the triangular intersection of Chiles-Pope Valley Road, and Sage Canyon Road,
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nichelini Vineyard (approx. 3.2 miles away); Napa P.O.W. Camp (approx. 4.6 miles away); Chalet Bernensis (approx. 5½ miles away); Stonebridge (approx. 5½ miles away); Site of Yount’s Blockhouse (approx. 5.8 miles away); NSGW & Historic District (approx. 6.2 miles away); Robert Louis Stevenson (approx. 6.3 miles away); Richie Block (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Helena.
1. Additional Information Regarding the Marker Dedication
Lew Allen was Noble Grand Humbug when this palque was dedicated. Plaque wording by loren A. Wilson.
— Submitted April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. This page has been viewed 446 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 17, 2012, by Loren Wilson of Sebastopol, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.