Chattanooga in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Nov. 24 - 25, 1863.
Erected 1890 by the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number MT-364.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Missionary Ridge, and the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park: November 25, 1863 marker series.
Location. 35° 3.308′ N, 85° 14.919′ W. Marker is in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker is on North Crest Road north of Portview Place, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the eastern side of the roadway, situated on top of a stone wall embankment built in front of a residence, about midway between the Phelp's Monument and the Sherman Reservation. Marker is at or near this postal address: 470 North Crest Road, Chattanooga TN 37404, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cheatham's Division (here, next to this marker); Walthall's Brigade (here, next to this marker); Walker's Division. (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bledsoe's (Missouri) Battery (about 700 feet away); Ferguson's (South Carolina) Battery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gist's Brigade (approx. 0.2 miles away); Moore's Brigade (approx. ¼ mile away); Wilson's Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chattanooga.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.