Sierra Blanca in Hudspeth County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(August 9, 1843 – July 30, 1927)
He served as a Texas Ranger 1881-1882 and in 1883 under Capt. George W. Baylor. He was also a teamster at Fort Davis.
Later he was a hunter, selling fresh game (a welcome substitute for dried, cured meat) in El Paso.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 238.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the San Antonio-El Paso Road marker series.
Location. 31° 10.835′ N, 105° 21.062′ W. Marker is in Sierra Blanca, Texas, in Hudspeth County. Marker can be reached from East Brown Street 0.3 miles east of Sierra Blanca Avenue (Ranch to Market Road 1111). Touch for map. Marker is in cemetery at the east end of Brown Street. Marker is in this post office area: Sierra Blanca TX 79851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hudspeth County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Quitman Sierra Blanca Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); America's Second Transcontinental Railroad (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Killing of General J. J. Byrne (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hudspeth County (approx. 0.6 miles away); Claude Hudspeth (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 1, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 291 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 1, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.