Near Lawrenceburg in Lawrence County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Army of Tennessee
Nov. 22, 1864
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3F 8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 18.148′ N, 87° 28.486′ W. Marker is near Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, in Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of North Hood Road and Waynesboro Highway (U.S. 64), on the right when traveling east on North Hood Road. Touch for map. Along the right side of the road heading toward Collinwood, Tennessee. Marker is in this post office area: Lawrenceburg TN 38464, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Natchez Trace (approx. 6 miles away); David Crockett (approx. 6.8 miles away); Red-Tailed Hawk (approx. 6.8 miles away); Welcome to David Crockett State Park (approx. 6.8 miles away); 1786-1836 David Crockett (approx. 6.8 miles away); A Summary of the Life of Davy Crockett: (approx. 6.8 miles away); The Old Natchez Trace (approx. 6.9 miles away); This Monument Marks The Old Natchez Trace (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceburg.
Also see . . .
1. Stephen D. Lee. Wikipedia article:
Stephen Dill Lee (September 22, 1833 – May 28, 1908) was an American soldier, planter, legislator, and author. He was the youngest Confederate lieutenant general during the American Civil War, and later served as the first president of Mississippi A&M College. Late in life, Lee was the commander-in-chief of the United Confederate Veterans. (Submitted on March 12, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
2. The Southern Historical Collection. Collection Number: 02440 Collection Title: Stephen D. Lee Papers, 1784-1929 (Submitted on March 12, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 1,144 times since then and 36 times this year. Last updated on January 11, 2013, by Byron Hooks of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photo 1. submitted on March 4, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area together in context. • Can you help?