Lima in Allen County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1954 by Pangles' Master Market.
Location. 40° 43.967′ N, 84° 6.297′ W. Marker is in Lima, Ohio, in Allen County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Circular Street, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street. Marker is on the northeast corner of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lima OH 45804, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Korean War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); The Shawnee Indian Reservation (approx. half a mile away); The Interurban Era (approx. half a mile away); Faurot Opera House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Historic House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ohio's First Electric Street Car Line Site Of Lima's First Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Old Bell (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lima.
More about this marker. The marker was unveiled Nov. 13, 1954, as part of the Ohio Sesquicentennial marker project by the Historic Sites Committee of the Allen County Historical Society, having been funded by Pangles.
Also see . . . Pangles: the making of a master market. Article published in The Lima News about the Howard Pangle and the beginning of his business. (Submitted on February 7, 2013, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Circular Street.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2013, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 702 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 7, 2013, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.