Marion in Perry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
1829 - 1917
1829 - 1917
Who designed at Marion Ala.
The “Stars And Bars”
First official flag adopted
by “The Confederate
States of America,” at
Montgomery Ala., March 4, 1861;
then raised over dome
of that first Confederate
Capitol. He also designed
the Confederate uniform.
Erected by the Andrew Barry Moore Chapter No. 650 U.D.C.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 32° 37.966′ N, 87° 19.128′ W. Marker is in Marion, Alabama, in Perry County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Jackson Street, on the right when traveling north on Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 310 Washington Street, Marion AL 36756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Perry County Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Muckle's Ridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Siloam Baptist Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Marion Female Seminary Judson College (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Wilfrid's Episcopal Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Confederate Rest (approx. ¼ mile away); The Alabama Baptist (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion.
Additional keywords. German-American
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 409 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 9, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.