High Hill in Fayette County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Creuzbaur's Battery, C.S.A.
“The Big Guns of Fayette”
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1107.)
Location. 29° 43.09′ N, 96° 55.673′ W. Marker is in High Hill, Texas, in Fayette County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 2672 and High Hill Road, on the right when traveling north on Route 2672. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Schulenburg TX 78956, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Catholic Life Insurance (within shouting distance of this marker); Dubina (approx. 5.7 miles away); The Oldest Czech Settlement Czech Catholic Union of Texas (approx. 8.9 miles away); Father Miguel Muldoon (approx. 8.9 miles away); Site of Burnam's Ferry (approx. 9.8 miles away); Wheeler Building (approx. 11.1 miles away); Flatonia City Hospital and Opera House (approx. 11.1 miles away but has been reported missing).
Also see . . .
1. Edmund Creuzbaur article in Handbook of Texas. (Submitted on February 4, 2014, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
2. Confederate Field Artillery article in Handbook of Texas. (Submitted on February 4, 2014, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2014, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 311 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 4, 2014, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.