Near Shorterville in Henry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Franklin - First Beachhead into East Alabama
Erected 1978 by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Henry County Historical Society.
Location. 31° 36.259′ N, 85° 3.603′ W. Marker is near Shorterville, Alabama, in Henry County. Marker is on Hartford Road (Alabama Route 10) 0.6 miles east of County Road 46, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shorterville AL 36373, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Chattahoochee River Crossing (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Gaines (approx. 0.3 miles away in Georgia); The 1836 Fort (approx. 0.3 miles away in Georgia); The Old Lattice Bridge (approx. In the Confederacy (approx. 0.3 miles away in Georgia); Site of Fort Gaines Female College (approx. 0.4 miles away in Georgia); Old Pioneer Cemetery (approx. half a mile away in Georgia); Fort Gaines Guards (approx. 0.7 miles away in Georgia).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 17, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 436 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 18, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.