Llano in Llano County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Nine Miles West is the Enchanted Rock
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 14653.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 32.6′ N, 98° 42.28′ W. Marker is in Llano, Texas, in Llano County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 965 and Texas Highway 16, on the right when traveling west on Route 965. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Llano TX 78643, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oxford Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); Crabapple School (approx. 10.4 miles away); St. John's Lutheran Church (approx. 10½ miles away); Early Explorers in Llano County (approx. 12.1 miles away); Packsaddle Mountain (approx. 12.1 miles away); Saint James Lutheran Church (approx. 14 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Notable Places • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 22, 2014, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 442 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 22, 2014, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. 3, 4. submitted on February 23, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.