Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Middletown in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Three Welsh Members

 
 
Three Welsh Members Marker image. Click for full size.
By Nate Davidson, May 18, 2014
1. Three Welsh Members Marker
Inscription. Three Welsh members of the St. George's Anglican Church were reinterred here on Jun 20, 1937, the 232nd anniversary of St. Anne's Parish. Their remains were removed from the church cemetery when the C & D Canal was widened in 1937.
 
Location. 39° 26.133′ N, 75° 42.783′ W. Marker is in Middletown, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of St. Anne's Church Road and Summit Bridge Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Middletown DE 19709, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. This Tree Was Living When William Penn Came to Pennsylvania (a few steps from this marker); Old St. Anne's (within shouting distance of this marker); Sgt. William Lloyd Nelson (approx. half a mile away); Union Lodge No. 5 A.F.&A.M. (approx. 0.7 miles away); Middletown (approx. one mile away); Middletown Academy (approx. 1.1 miles away); Former Site of the Alston and Hunn Farms (approx. 1.6 miles away); Appoquinimink Friends Meeting House (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middletown.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Old St. Anne's image. Click for full size.
By Nate Davidson, May 18, 2014
2. Old St. Anne's
The Welsh Marker is below the front right window.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 19, 2014, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 19, 2014, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement