Atlanta in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fuller's Div.16th A.C.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-69.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 33° 44.637′ N, 84° 20.398′ W. Marker was in Atlanta, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker could be reached from the intersection of East Side Avenue and McPherson Avenue. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 334 East Side Avenue, Atlanta GA 30316, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Death of McPherson (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Ground --1864 (about 400 feet away); Cleburne's Div. in the Federal Rear (approx. 0.2 miles away); McPherson's Last Ride (approx. ¼ mile away); Gresham's Division (approx. ¼ mile away); Cleburne Outflanked Left Wing, 17th A.C. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mersy’s Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); An Unexpected Clash (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
More about this marker. The text was provided courtesy of the Carl Vinson Institute of Government website.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 28, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,169 times since then and 33 times this year. Last updated on June 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. Photos: 1. submitted on June 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 2. submitted on July 26, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.