Historic Burial Grounds
Old First German Reformed Church, United Church of Christ
—Founded 1727 —
Pastors buried in Franklin Square
Rev. John Conrad Steiner, 1762,
Dr. Caspar Dietrich Weyberg, 1790,
Rev. Michael Schlatter, 1790,
Rev. John Herman Winkhaus, 1793,
Dr. William Hendel, 1798.
"Around these leaders of the Lord's host far and near a silent congregation now sleep thousands of those to whom they once ministered they Holy Ordinances of the Church, and the precious instructions and consolations of the Gospel."
Presented by the Congregation of Old First Reformed Church, United Church of Christ, Fourth and Race Sts., Philadelphia, PA. on the 251st Anniversary, September 24, 1978.
H. Daehler Hayes, Pastor
Owen L. Fox, Presient
Dr. John C. Shetler, Conference Minister
Erected 1978 by Congregation of Old First Reformed Church, United Church of
Location. 39° 57.333′ N, 75° 9.014′ W. Marker is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia County. Marker can be reached from Race Street. Touch for map. Marker is in Franklin Square. Marker is in this post office area: Philadelphia PA 19107, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Francis Hopkinson (Philadelphia Home) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ralph Modjeski (about 300 feet away); Pennsylvania Hall (about 500 feet away); First African Baptist Church Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United States Mint (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Barrymores (approx. 0.2 miles away); Benjamin Smith Barton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Philadelphia Female Anti-Slavery Society (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Philadelphia.
Also see . . . Old First Reformed UCC History. (Submitted on November 29, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2014, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 27, 2014, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.