Waynesboro in Burke County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Quaker Road
The Quaker road was one of the longest and most important routes of colonial Georgia. Much of the original way remains in use.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 017-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 4.728′ N, 82° 0.462′ W. Marker is in Waynesboro, Georgia, in Burke County. Marker is at the intersection of South Liberty Street (State Highway 24) and U.S. 25, on the left when traveling west on South Liberty Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waynesboro GA 30830, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonels Twiggs and Few (a few steps from this marker); The Cavalry Actions at Waynesboro (within shouting distance of this marker); The J.D. Roberts Home (approx. 0.8 miles away); To Honor George Washington Waynesborough (approx. 0.9 miles away); Washington’s Southern Tour (approx. 0.9 miles away); Burke County Veteran's Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Burke County (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waynesboro.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,581 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 31, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on February 2, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.