Bethesda in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Five Points, Historic Crossroads
Erected 1985 by Rozansky & Kay Construction Company.
Location. 38° 59.088′ N, 77° 5.667′ W. Marker is in Bethesda, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Georgetown Road (Maryland Route 187) and Wisconsin Avenue (Maryland Route 355), on the right when traveling north on Old Georgetown Road. Route 355 goes through this intersection north-south. Routes 187 and 410 originate at this intersection. 187 goes north, 410 goes west. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert W. Leibling (a few steps from this marker); Madonna of the Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bank of Bethesda Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Looking North up Wisconsin Avenue at Old Georgetown Road in 1940 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Georgetown Road (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethesda.
Regarding Five Points, Historic Crossroads. Edgemoor Lane no longer reaches this intersection. The Bethesda Metro Center is sitting on top of it.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Five Points, Historic Crossroads.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 25, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,235 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 25, 2006, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.