Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Blauvelt in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Johannes J. Blauvelt Homestead

 
 
Johannes J. Blauvelt Homestead Marker image. Click for full size.
By Manuel P. Guevara, circa 2012
1. Johannes J. Blauvelt Homestead Marker
Inscription. Jacob A. Blauvelt and family, the first of 7 generations of Blauvelts to live on this farm, occupied a log structure nearby early in the 18th century. Jacob's son, Johannes J. Blauvelt, built the sandstone south unit of this home, circa 1755. The large central section was added after the Revolution, and the frame north wing ca. 1862. This 396 acre farm extended west to the Hackensack River.
 
Erected by The Historical Society of Rockland County.
 
Location. 41° 3.387′ N, 73° 57.359′ W. Marker is in Blauvelt, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on Western Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 514 S. Western Hwy., Blauvelt NY 10913, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jacob J. Blauvelt Homestead (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blauvelt Lions Memorial (approx. mile away); Lt. Col. Michael L. Murphy (approx. mile away); Camp Shanks (approx. 0.4 miles away); Camp Shanks Bataan Road (approx. half a mile away); Clausland Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); 914 Sound Recording Studios (approx. 0.7 miles away); Shanks Village (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blauvelt.
 
More about this marker. Mr. & Mrs. Emil Pedersen, sponsors
 
Categories. AgricultureColonial Era
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 4, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 23 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on June 6, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement