Raymond in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1951 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 15.603′ N, 90° 25.401′ W. Marker is in Raymond, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Main Street (State Highway 467) and Oak Street, on the right when traveling west on W. Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located at the south corner of the grounds of the courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 W. Main St, Raymond MS 39154, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hinds County Confederate Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The McCoy Brothers (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Mark's Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); A Guide to the Campaign Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bledsoe's Battery C.S. Gregg's Task Force (approx. 1.4 miles away); C.S. Bledsoe's Missouri Battery (3 Guns) (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Raymond.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 158 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 7, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.