Montgomery in Montgomery County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Cleveland Court Apartments
The apartment complex was built in 1941 and is managed by the Montgomery Housing Authority. Rosa and Raymond Parks resided in apartment No. 634 until 1957. They moved to Detroit, Michigan after the Montgomery bus boycott ended. The Cleveland Court Apartment building 620-638 was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 9, 2001.
Erected by The Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 21.795′ N, 86° 19.018′ W. Marker is in Montgomery, Alabama, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Rosa L Parks Avenue and Meehan Street, on the right when traveling south on Rosa L Parks Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 634 Rosa L Parks Avenue, Montgomery AL 36108, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Dr. E. D. Nixon, Sr. (approx. ¼ mile away); Holt Street Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Percy Lavon Julian (approx. ¼ mile away); Sherman W. White, Jr. (approx. ¼ mile away); Highway Construction Destroys Historic Black Neighborhoods (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rosa Parks Branch Library / Bertha Pleasant Williams (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charlie and Lucille Times (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montgomery.
Categories. • African Americans • Civil Rights •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 30, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 20, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 627 times since then and 42 times this year. Last updated on July 24, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 20, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.