Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-76.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 47.64′ N, 84° 21.073′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of North Highland Avenue and Zimmer Drive, on the left when traveling south on North Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30306, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stanley’s & Wood’s Sector (approx. ¼ mile away); Closing the Gap (approx. ¾ mile away); 4th A.C. at Durand's Mill (approx. 0.9 miles away); Stevenson's Division (approx. 0.9 miles away); Historic Ground (approx. 0.9 miles away); Wood’s Div. 4th Corps (approx. 1.1 miles away); Durand's Mill (approx. 1.1 miles away); Bate’s Division (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,349 times since then and 44 times this year. Last updated on July 25, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on July 24, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. 2. submitted on July 29, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.