Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Gilchrist County Florida Historical Markers

 
Fort Fanning image, Touch for more information
By Darlene Greany, May 2, 2013
Fort Fanning
Florida (Gilchrist County), Fanning Springs — The History of Fort Fanning
Fort Fanning was built in 1838 during the Second Seminole War. The fort was originally called "Palmetto", but was renamed in honor of Colonel Alexander Campbell Wilder Fannin (1788-1846). Made of real wood, and situated in warm humid . . . — Map (db m67884) HM
Florida (Gilchrist County), Trenton — Coca Cola Bottling Plant
The Coca Cola bottling plant is located next to the Crystal Ice House and the old railway depot in the heart of historic downtown Trenton. It was originally built by Mr. J. F. Haigler in 1925. In 1956 the Florida Coca-Cola Company of Daytona Beach . . . — Map (db m126397) HM
Florida (Gilchrist County), Trenton — The Crystal Ice House
Originally the old Crystal Ice and Cold Storage Building was built by Clyde Townsend's father in 1925, before being bought by “J.F.” Haigler, owner of the Coca Cola franchise in Trenton. During many a day, Mr. Haigler would sit in a . . . — Map (db m126400) HM
Florida (Gilchrist County), Trenton — Trenton's Compass Rose
The Mariner's Compass pattern is one of the earliest quilt patterns. “Trenton's Compass Rose” is a variation that was designed by Stephanie Metts to highlight the City of Trenton's leadership in creating Florida's first quilt trail. The . . . — Map (db m126489) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.