5 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Aurora
By Barry Swackhamer, September 25, 2017
|Dr. Wilhelm Keil founded here a Christian co-operative colony patterned after his colony at Bethel, Missouri. Musicians of the settlement made it widely famous. After Dr. Keil's death in 1877 the communal enterprise was dissolved. — — Map (db m114279) HM|
|During the period of Oregon's Provisional Government ( 1841-1849), residents traveled by Indian trails, water courses, or on privative rough-hewn wagon roads etched by emigrant settlers. During the days to the Territorial Government (1849-1859), and . . . — — Map (db m114295) HM|
| This is the only surviving building from the original Aurora Pioneer Hotel complex. — — Map (db m114280) HM|
|Jonas Will and Andrew Snyder, children of Aurora Colony members, established this then modern mercantile store. Jonas had been an Aurora merchant since 1888. The families ran this business until the 1940's. — — Map (db m114293) HM|
|Used as a general store. Wm. Keil and Company catered to the trade of some of the mid-valley's best known pioneers by cash or barter. — — Map (db m114294) HM|