Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Cestohowa, Texas Historical Markers

 
El Fuerte del Cibolo Marker Area image, Touch for more information
By Larry D. Moore, August 11, 2018
El Fuerte del Cibolo Marker Area
Texas (Karnes County), Cestohowa — 1418 — El Fuerte del Cibolo
Near this site (about 2.5 mi. N on Cibolo Creek) stood the 18th-century Spanish fort of El Fuerte de Santa Cruz del Cibolo, usually called El Fuerte del Cibolo or El Cibolo. Built to protect the many Spanish ranches between San Antonio and La Bahia . . . — Map (db m121606) HM
Texas (Karnes County), Cestohowa — 12331 — Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Cemetery
Jacob Lyssy (1837-1880) and John Pawlik, Jr. (1845-1912) of the Czestochowa parish each donated one acre of land to Bishop Anthony D. Pellicer of the Archdiocese of San Antonio to be used as a burial ground for the newly established Nativity of the . . . — Map (db m131923) HM
Texas (Karnes County), Cestohowa — 12347 — Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church
The second Polish colony in Karnes County, the village in this area grew out of a small settlement known as St. Joe and was formally established in 1873. At times the priest at Panna Maria would conduct services at St. Joseph School in what would . . . — Map (db m121602) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.