The Confederate Monument was erected on November 13, 1907 and dedicated May 2, 1908 by the Jasper Chapter No. 925 United Daughters of the Confederacy under the leadership of Elizabeth Cain Musgrove to honor the 1900 soldiers who served from Walker . . . — — Map (db m37222) HM
Side 1 Methodism came to Jasper with the city's founder, Dr. Edward Gordon Musgrove, who donated land for the courthouse and for most of downtown Jasper. In 1826, he and others constructed a building of large hewn logs that was used as both a . . . — — Map (db m29981) HM
Memorial Park is Jasper’s oldest and largest park located in the historic North Highlands area of the city. Prior to becoming known as the North Highlands area, it was part of a farm owned by an early Jasper businessman, J. R. Kilgore. Jasper, . . . — — Map (db m44326) HM
Created December 26, 1823
Named for John W. Walker
of Madison County, Alabama
Chairman, State Constitutional Convention, July 5, 1819
Alabama's first United States Senator, 1819~1823 — — Map (db m29982) HM
To those who gave their life so freely that we may live today and tomorrow
Adams, Halbert ∙ Adamson, Henry ∙ Bagwell, Tom ∙ Banks, William ∙ Beck, Claude ∙ Beck, Edward ∙ Bell, George ∙ . . . — — Map (db m53843) WM
William Brockman Bankhead served Alabama in the U.S. Congress from 1917 until 1940.
For the last four years of his life, during Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidency, he served as the 47th Speaker of the House.
He was the son of U.S. Senator John . . . — — Map (db m29980) HM