Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Kingsland, Texas Historical Markers

 
Antlers Hotel Marker image, Touch for more information
By Richard Denney, October 11, 2014
Antlers Hotel Marker
Texas (Llano County), Kingsland — 15150 — Antlers Hotel
The juncture of the Llano and Colorado Rivers has attracted visitors for millenia. European settlers, including Martin D. King, began moving to the area in the 19th century. King purchased land here in 1877, and it is for him that . . . — Map (db m78012) HM
Texas (Llano County), Kingsland — 9438 — Fisher - Miller - Grant
Stretches between Llano and Colorado Rivers westward almost to the Pecos. An 1842 grant of 3,800,000 acres from the Texas Republic, purchased in 1844 by the German Emigration Society. Commissioner General John O. Meusebach founded Fredericksburg in . . . — Map (db m31660) HM
Texas (Llano County), Kingsland — McKinley Coach
The McKinley Coach is the oldest rail car at The Antlers Hotel. Construction with square nails date it to the 1800ís. Coach/baggage combination cars were especially suited for shortline railroads such as the 7 mile long Rockdale, Sandow & . . . — Map (db m110806) HM
Texas (Llano County), Kingsland — The Antlers Caboose Rooms
The cabooses were built by the International Railway Car Company for the Norfolk & Western Railroad. Each weighs 54,000 pounds and went into service in 1969 (Red), 1970 (Green), and 1976 (Yellow). The three different heralds painted on the sides . . . — Map (db m110803) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement