Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Richland, Georgia Historical Markers

 
Cedarwood Cemetery Marker image, Touch for more information
By David Seibert, August 13, 2011
Cedarwood Cemetery Marker
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — Cedarwood Cemetery
In 1832 Henry Audulf gave 8 acres of this land for two churches and a cemetery. A native of Germany, Audulf was the first settler here. Methodist and Baptist churches were built. A few years later both were destroyed by a tornado. Only the . . . — Map (db m23426) HM
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — 128-11 — First Post Office Site
On this corner, in a long building, was Richland’s first post office and a shoe shop. John Audulph, son of Henry Audulph, first settler, was appointed postmaster of Chisholm, Apr. 16, 1839. Six months later, Nov. 26, 1839, Chisholm became Richland, . . . — Map (db m46656) HM
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — 128-4 — Gen. Evans’ Birthplace>>> -- ¾ Mi. -->
Clement Anselm Evans, Brig. Gen. C.S.A., soldier, lawyer, minister, statesman & author was born 3/4 miles W. of here in 1834. Admitted to the bar at 18, elected county judge at 21, state senator at 25, he became a Brig. Gen. and was severely wounded . . . — Map (db m46332) HM
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — Historic Richland
First settled in 1827, Richland was named for the home district of several pioneer families from South Carolina. The community became a busy railroad junction when the Savannah. Americus and Montgomery, and the Columbus Southern rail lines met here . . . — Map (db m10152) HM
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — 128-5 — Providence Chapel
The first Christian Church in Georgia was constituted at this site in 1837. Services were held early in the 1830's by Rev. George Lynch Smith, first under a brush arbor and later in the log schoolhouse. This building, then two-story, was erected in . . . — Map (db m12802) HM
Georgia (Stewart County), Richland — 128-12 — Richland Baptist Church Site
Richland Baptist Church, constituted about 1830, was located on land given by Henry Audulph, first settler of Richland. A baptismal pool was built near a spring in the park. Here the Bethel Baptist Assn. was organized Nov. 23, 1833 by the Rev. . . . — Map (db m46864) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement