The French hand-ground Fresnel lens at Cape Meares is one of only two eight-sided lights in the United States – the other is in Hawaii. Keepers were given detailed instructions for maintaining the masterpiece.
A brilliant . . . — — Map (db m113918) HM
Arthur Generous Beals built this building and several others in Tillamook around 1900. This marked the beginning of the present central business area of Tillamook, which had previously centered around the Hoquarton Slough. The Beals Building has . . . — — Map (db m113075) HM
Property was completed August first 1925 by F.M. Kelly of Portland.
Original tenants were E.W. Crain Sporting Goods and C.T. McKinley's Cigar / Soft Drink / Card Parlor.
Through the years Building has been occupied by Ryan's Printing and . . . — — Map (db m113071) HM
From the county's first flour mill, was turned by water power, was owned and operated by G. W. Elmer on Hughey Creek, five miles east of Tillamook in 1862. The stone was brought by boat from the Eastern Coast, around South America.
Donated by . . . — — Map (db m113731) HM
Steam donkeys such as this "Tacoma Wide Face Yarder" were a vital part of a logging team's equipment in the 19th century forests of Oregon. Their name is derived from secondary engines called "donkey engines" used on sailing ships to load cargo, . . . — — Map (db m113295) HM
Dairy Industry -- Henry Wilson, for which the Wilson River is named, brought the first cows to Tillamook County and laid the foundation for the Tillamook dairy industry. As early as 1854, butter and cheese were being made in large enough . . . — — Map (db m113079) HM
The property upon which the Tillamook Hotel now stands was purchased from W.H Cooper in June 1891. A church building was erected on the land the following year. Myrtle Ethel Holden (youngest daughter of Warren Vaughn) purchased the land to build the . . . — — Map (db m113077) HM