Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Tucker, Georgia Historical Markers

 
Browning's Courthouse Marker image, Touch for more information
By Felch Dumas, August 3, 2008
Browning's Courthouse Marker
Georgia (DeKalb County), Tucker — 044-14 — Browning's Courthouse
At or near this crossroads stood the J.P. office of Browning’s Militia District No. 572; cited in reports of Federal military operations July, 1864, as Browning’s Court House. July 18. Logan’s 15th A.C., enroute from Roswell to Decatur, detoured . . . — Map (db m9925) HM
Georgia (DeKalb County), Tucker — 044-22 — Federal Left Wing to Decatur
July 19, 1864. The 15th & 17th, two of three corps, McPherson’s Army of the Tenn., forming the left wing of Sherman’s forces advancing on Atlanta, came this way on the last day of their march from Roswell to Decatur. The other corps, Dodge’s . . . — Map (db m50393) HM
Georgia (DeKalb County), Tucker — 044-15 — Garrard's & Lightburn's to Stone Mountain
The principal object of the wide swing of Federal forces S.E. from Roswell, where they crossed the Chattahoochee, was to cut the Ga. R.R. at & near Stone Mountain, thereby isolating Atlanta from the east. Pursuant to plan, Logan’s 15th A.C. was . . . — Map (db m9924) HM
Georgia (DeKalb County), Tucker — 044-17 — Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill
July 18, 1864. Logan’s troops, having detoured from Shallow Fd. Rd. to Browning’s Court House (TUCKER), to co-operate with Garrard’s cav, in the destruction of the Georgia R.R. at Stone Mtn., remained in this vicinity while Lightburn’s brigade was . . . — Map (db m29106) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement