Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Van Nuys, California Historical Markers

 
Marker and Rocks image, Touch for more information
By Craig Baker, August 5, 2018
Marker and Rocks
California (Los Angeles County), Van Nuys — Busch Gardens
Near Roscoe Boulevard west of U.S. 405, on the left when traveling west.
Busch Gardens, Van Nuys, opened in 1966 at a construction cost of $4 milion dollars. In 1979, the park closed to make way for a major brewery expansion. At its peak attendance, it was a major San Fernando Valley tourist attraction which was complete . . . — Map (db m125558) HM
California (Los Angeles County), Van Nuys — In Honor of Pioneer Aviators
On Waterman Drive 0.3 miles west of Woodley Ave, on the left when traveling west.
In honor of the pioneer aviators who have given their all that the science of aviation could be perfected, enabling it to take its place in the worlds commerce, this airport is dedicated.

December 17, 1928, on the 25th anniversary of the first . . . — Map (db m114309) HM

California (Los Angeles County), Van Nuys — 203 — The Baird House
On Hamlin Street at Vesper Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Hamlin Street.
Built in 1921 by Robert J. Baird, owner of a pioneering gardening business specializing in fruit and walnut trees. The Baird House was declared Los Angeles Historical Monument Number 203 in 1978. — Map (db m127624) HM
California (Los Angeles County), Van Nuys — The Country General Store 1911
On Van Nuys Boulevard at Sylvan Street, on the right when traveling south on Van Nuys Boulevard.
Known as the Bank of Van Nuys, the Country General Store was an H.J. Whitley development built in 1911. Family owned and operated since 1956, Nat Stanoff, the founder, opened the doors as an Army Navy store. Today, Country General Store is Los . . . — Map (db m131217) HM
California (Los Angeles County), Van Nuys — Van Nuys Library
On Sylvan Street at Vesper Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Sylvan Street.
Los Angeles Public Library, Van Nuys branch, built 1926. This property was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 19, 1987, and added to the list of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments on April 15, 2008. — Map (db m125482) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement