Union Civil War veterans and townspeople constructed this largest frame building in the county about 1910 as a meeting place for Garfield Post 39, Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), and a community center. The city, as requested by Women's Relief . . . — — Map (db m93009) HM
The Hercules Powder Company Camp No. 39 was established on this site in September 1946. It was an eighty acre tract with sixty to seventy company built pre-fabricated homes rented to employees for four dollars per room per month; some employees . . . — — Map (db m93006) HM
Deeded by Zephyrhills Colony Co. to the Oakside Cemetery Association in November 1911 this hallowed tract is the burying ground of veterans of six wars in which the United States of America has been involved -- the Civil War, Spanish-American War, . . . — — Map (db m93007) HM
On November 23-26, 1909, an automobile road race was held to promote the need for “good roads” in Florida. “The Great Endurance Run,” as it was called, was sponsored by “The Tampa Daily Times” under the auspices . . . — — Map (db m3257) HM
Constructed as part of a group of state and WPA projects, major expansion of the airfield began in 1941 when it became home to U.S. Army Air Corps training facilities in preparation for WWII. It was in full operation by 1943, providing advanced . . . — — Map (db m93004) HM
The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Depot was built in 1927 and used for a passenger and freight services. This structure represents the architectural style of the early 1900s; large extended eaves, outdoor platforms, segregated waiting rooms.
This . . . — — Map (db m41501) HM
The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad (ACLR) Depot was built in 1927 and was used as a station/depot for passenger service and for shipping citrus, produce and other goods, thereby stimulating economic development and residential settlement. Railroad . . . — — Map (db m41458) HM