On Church Street at Riser Street, on the right when traveling east on Church Street.
Methodists have worshipped in
a building on this site since
before 1840. Circuit riders
served congregation until 1847,
when first pastor appointed.
Present building completed in
1911 from plans brought from
Europe by a church member. — — Map (db m120260) HM
Columbia Louisiana - Established 1827. Only settlement between Monroe and Black River towns noted for its port and steamboat captains. Available List of captains on the Ouachita River before the Civil War Available List of captains on the . . . — — Map (db m120875) HM
On Route 559 0.3 miles south of Highway 4, on the right when traveling south.
The Wade Landing site has a single platform mound. Indian pottery and soil studies suggest that the site is about 1000 years old. The mound was built in two stages and is 9 feet high and 130 by 165 feet at the base. Historic graves in the summit . . . — — Map (db m120507) HM