Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Pierce County Wisconsin Historical Markers

 
Far Left Panel image, Touch for more information
By Keith L, May 1, 2011
Far Left Panel
Wisconsin (Pierce County), Ellsworth — Veterans Memorial
On West Main Street (U.S. 10) west of South Plum Street, on the right when traveling west.
[center panel] June 24, 1989 Dedicated to those from Pierce County who gave their lives in service to their country. Given by Bob and Evelyn Young, Ellsworth Class of 1939, Pierce County Posts, . . . — Map (db m36321) HM
Wisconsin (Pierce County), Hager City — 258 — "Bow and Arrow"
On The Great River Road (State Highway 35) 1.1 miles south of U.S. 63, on the left when traveling south.
The rock outline you see on the distant bluff is an archeological curiosity. Jacob V. Brower, a Minnesota archeologist, observed this formation in 1902 and interpreted it as a bow and arrow. In 1903 he wrote, "Some of the stones representing the . . . — Map (db m9943) HM
Wisconsin (Pierce County), Lund — Swedish Methodist Church
On County Highway CC at 70th Avenue, on the left when traveling north on County Highway CC.
The restoration of this church and cemetery is in memory of the early pioneers who brought with them their Christian faith upon which they built their homes and communities. Established 1872 Dedicated to early pioneers This Swedish . . . — Map (db m39752) HM
Wisconsin (Pierce County), Maiden Rock — 35 — Lake Pepin
On The Great River Road (State Highway 35) 1.9 miles south of County Highway D, on the right when traveling south.
This beautiful lake is twenty-two miles long, varies in width from one to two and a half miles, and covers about thirty-eight square miles. It was caused by the delta of the Chippewa spreading across the gorge of the Mississippi at the southeastern . . . — Map (db m10026) HM
Wisconsin (Pierce County), Plum City — 356 — Plum City: Early History
On Main Street (County Highway U / S) south of Pine Avenue East (County Highway S), on the right when traveling south.
French traders and Native Americans traveled these rich hunting grounds over 300 years ago. When European settlement began in this area about 150 years later, many settlers followed the old St. Antoine Trail east from the Mississippi River to this . . . — Map (db m48727) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement