New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New Paltz Patentees
The New Paltz Patentees, who, driven by religious persecution from their native France, exiles for conscience’ sake, came to America, after a sojourn in the Rhine Palatinate near Manheim, here established their homes on the banks of the Wallkill, settled the country purchased from the Indians and granted by Patent issued by Governor Edmond Andros on the 29th Day of September, 1677, and nobly bore their part in the creation of our free government.
The Huguenot, Patriotic Historical and Monumental Association of New Paltz erects this Monument, the 29th day of September, 1908.
Erected 1908 by the Huguenot, Patriotic Historical and Monumental Association of New Paltz.
Location. 41° 45.047′ N, 74° 5.288′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is at the intersection of Huguenot Street and North Front Street on Huguenot Street. Touch for map. This monument, along with the Die Pfalz marker, are in a small triangular median where North Front and
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Die Pfalz (a few steps from this marker); Jean Hasbrouck House (a few steps from this marker); Walloon Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Deyo House (within shouting distance of this marker); Dubois House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1799 House (about 300 feet away); Bevier House (about 400 feet away); Stone Church-1773 (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
Categories. • Civil Rights • Colonial Era • Government • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 3, 2010, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. This page has been viewed 1,342 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 3, 2010, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.