Mercersburg in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 52.484′ N, 77° 52.301′ W. Marker is in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Lemar Road and Mercersburg Road, on the right when traveling north on Lemar Road. Touch for map. Marker is in the community of Markes. Marker is in this post office area: Mercersburg PA 17236, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. This Stone Marks the Site of the Fort at McDowell's Mill (here, next to this marker); Black Boys Rebellion (approx. 2 miles away); W-G-M Turnpike (approx. 3.3 miles away); Fort Loudon (approx. 3.3 miles away); Steiger House at Mercersburg (approx. 3½ miles away); Stuart's Headquarters (approx. 3½ miles away); William Findlay (approx. 3½ miles away); a different marker also named William Findlay (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mercersburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,351 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 31, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on January 14, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.