Ticonderoga in Essex County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Eighteen Colonial Soldiers
the bones of
the Old Military Road
in Ticonderoga Village
on Nov. 1st 1924
Location. 43° 50.649′ N, 73° 23.543′ W. Marker is in Ticonderoga, New York, in Essex County. Marker is on Sandy Redoubt, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is located in a field to the right of the entrance road to Fort Ticonderoga. Marker is in this post office area: Ticonderoga NY 12883, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A Soldier of France (a few steps from this marker); Garrison Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Troops of Colonial Wars at Ticonderoga (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Ticonderoga (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hut Sites (approx. ¼ mile away); Near this spot stood Montcalm (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Carillon (approx. ¼ mile away); Colonel John Brown (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ticonderoga.
Also see . . . Fort Ticonderoga National Historic Landmark. (Submitted on July 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Military • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,620 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 28, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.