Aberdeen in Monroe County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Dr. W. A. Evans
Erected 1958 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Charity & Public Work • Communications • Science & Medicine. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list.
Location. 33° 49.574′ N, 88° 32.923′ W. Marker is in Aberdeen, Mississippi, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Long Street and College Place, on the right when traveling south on Long Street. Located at the Evans Memorial Library. Long Street is one-way running south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 Long Street, Aberdeen MS 39730, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John's Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Aberdeen (about 600 feet away); Judge Eugene O. Sykes Aberdeen Mississippi Blues (approx. 0.3 miles away); Reuben Davis (approx. 0.4 miles away); DeSoto Expedition (approx. half a mile away); Brigadier General John Gregg (approx. 1.2 miles away); Gulf Ordnance Plant (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Aberdeen.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 23, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 245 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 10, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.