Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Lawrenceburg in Anderson County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
 

McCall's Spring

Formerly Cove or Lillard Spring

 
 
McCall's Spring Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, April 12, 2017
1. McCall's Spring Marker
Inscription.  The McAfee bros., James McCoun, Jr. and Samuel Adams, first white men to explore this area, 1773. Cove Spring and Cove Spring Branch in Franklin Co. boundary line, 1794. Maj. Gen. Kirby Smith, CSA, and troops camped here on their way to join General Bragg Oct. 9, 1862. Only known time Spring's supply was exhausted.
 
Erected 1968 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1121.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraExplorationWar, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1773.
 
Location. 37° 57.937′ N, 84° 52.446′ W. Marker is near Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, in Anderson County. Marker is on U.S. 127 0.4 miles south of Gilberts Creek Road (Kentucky Route 513), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lawrenceburg KY 40342, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hebron Church (here, next to this marker); Warwick/Oregon / Warwick (approx. 4.1 miles away); William H. Townsend (approx. 4.3 miles away); Kavanaugh School
McCall's Spring Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, April 12, 2017
2. McCall's Spring Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 5.1 miles away); Distinguished Officers - Alumni of Kavanaugh (approx. 5.1 miles away); Day Of Perryville (approx. 5.4 miles away); Capt. John (Jack) Jouett House (approx. 5˝ miles away); John (Jack) Jouett, Jr. (approx. 5˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrenceburg.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 247 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=105464

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2021