Town of Plattsburgh in Clinton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by Town of Plattsburgh.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1766.
Location. 44° 37.764′ N, 73° 26.843′ W. Marker is in Town of Plattsburgh, New York, in Clinton County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 9 and Old Dock Road, on the left when traveling south on State Route 9. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plattsburgh NY 12901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gilliland Homestead (within shouting distance of this marker); Blast Furnace (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Possession House (about 600 feet away); Sax House (about 800 feet away); Gilliland Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle of Valcour (approx. ¾ mile away); Valcour Bay Peru’s First Settler (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Town of Plattsburgh.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2017. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2017, by Ellen Adams of Plattsburgh, New York. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 24, 2017, by Ellen Adams of Plattsburgh, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.