Clarkson in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In Commemoration of the Sacrifice
and service of our revolutionary
ancestors and pioneers who
braved the wilderness and made a
settlement in Clarkson in 1803.
This memorial, a section of a column
from an early courthouse of Monroe County,
is at the crossing of two Indian trails.
Erected 1923 by Monroe Chapter D.A.R., of Brockport, N.Y.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 43° 13.97′ N, 77° 55.66′ W. Marker is in Clarkson, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of West Ridge Road (New York State Route 104) and Lake Road North (New York State Route 19), on the right when traveling east on West Ridge Road. Marker is at the Clarkson Town Hall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3710 Lake Road North, Brockport NY 14420, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Clarkson (here, next to this marker); Henry R. Selden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Philip Boss (about 400 feet away); Clarkson Community Church (about 500 feet away); Henry Martin House - 1829 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home of Simeon B. Jewett (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis Swift (approx. ¼ mile away); Brockport and the Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarkson.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for In Commemoration of the Sacrifice.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 67 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 13, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.