Raymond in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
Erected 2008 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1905.
Location. 32° 15.632′ N, 90° 25.433′ W. Marker is in Raymond, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Main Street (State Highway 467) and Oak Street, on the right when traveling west on W. Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 W Main St, Raymond MS 39154, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this Hinds County Confederate Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Raymond Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); The McCoy Brothers (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate Commanders (about 500 feet away); A Guide to the Campaign Trail (about 500 feet away); Confederate Route to Raymond (about 500 feet away); Union Route to Raymond (about 500 feet away); Raymond Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Raymond.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 309 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 7, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. 6. submitted on April 5, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.